Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Terrible Tuesday

This week has just began and already I'm facing so many difficulties. This morning my vehicle broke down, which wasn't a pretty sight. I do admit I need a new one, but surviving on only one income makes it extremely difficult. Not only do I have to study and make sure that I understand the material, I have to be able to manage our budget. Needless to say, it's not fun and definitely adds to the stress.

On another note I have been able to secure an internship for this summer. I did have two opportunities with two different criminal defense attorneys, but because of the public interest scholarship, I will be interning in the public field. Trying to secure an internship in Texas was quite difficult. It doesn't help that Valpo's career services isn't really helpful. I did submit a reciprocity request to St. Mary's University to use their career service database. It was granted, but there was a catch. There are black out dates as to when I can use it. So basically I have access to the database after April 15th, meaning after everyone else has secured their internship. I couldn't believe it. I was really upset. I graduated with my bachelor's and master's degree from St. Mary's. How could they treat an alumni like this? I guess in some way I understand since I am not attending their law school, but cheese and rice, I'm an alumni!

Tristan is growing so fast. He says so many words now. I feel like school is making me miss out on some of the most important milestones in his life. I try to keep reminding myself that I can do this. I can go to school and be a wife and mother. Somedays though, like today for instance, makes me wonder if this is all worth it. I hope it is because I'm sacrificing spending time with my son to fulfill my dream.

Hopefully today was just a case of the terrible Tuesdays and tomorrow will bring something better.





No comments:

Post a Comment